Oribe Kutsugata Tea Bowl “Yama no Ha,” Late Momoyama-Early Edo Period (early 17th century),
Dia. 14 cm. Zetterquist Galleries
Today continues September's Asia Week New York, Day 6. Here is what's going on.
Asia Week New York is live today with a day of previews:
For an overview of the gallery exhibitions on view, click here.
- 11 gallery exhibitions are open in-person today:
– Kapoor Galleries Inc.
– Ralph M. Chait Galleries
– Dai Ichi Arts Ltd
– Fu Qiumeng Fine Art
– Ippodo Gallery
– Sebastian Izzard LLC
– Joan B Mirviss LTD
– Onishi Gallery
– Scholten Japanese Art
– Thomsen Gallery
– Zetterquist Galleries
- Akar Prakar, The Art of Japan, Egenolf Gallery, Kaikodo LLC, Thomas Murray, and MIYAKO YOSHINAGA are live with their online exhibitions today.
- Bonhams, Christie's, Doyle, Heritage Auctions, iGavel and Sotheby's are open today for exhibition viewing.
TODAY'S FEATURED EVENT:
- Gallery Tour with Robert D. Mowry, Christie's
Engage with the offerings at Asian Art week during an illuminating
in-person tour at 11am of the Rockefeller galleries
- –The Joan and Ted Dorf Collection of Chinese Snuff Bottles
and Archers Rings starting at 10am
- –Chinese Works of Art and Paintings
Chinese Works of Art starting at 1:30pm with Lot 150
To watch the panel discussion Sherman Lee: Master of Art, presented by Asia Week New York on September 13th and featuring Noelle Giuffrida, William Chiego, Mary Ann Rogers, and Peter Nisbet, moderated by Dessa Goddard, click here.